British Eventing’s Bates Saddles Arena Eventing Championships series wrapped up last month, providing a valuable opportunity for riders to school their horses over technical lines and prepare for the competition season ahead.
Since November 2021, horse and rider combinations had the chance to qualify at 16 events within the series. Set at different venues around the United Kingdom, the series enabled riders from far and wide to get involved, with over 150 entrants qualifying.
The Championships were held at the stunning Aston Le Walls grounds, with each rider completing a round of show jumps before moving straight into a cross country course and finishing with a show jump ‘joker fence’, which measured 10 cm higher than the previous jumps.
Despite the challenging weather conditions, riders tackled the technical course with style. The course really showcased the horse’s training and ability – a faultless round was a big achievement!
Five deserving combinations were crowned champions, including one joint championship win in the Arena Eventing BE90. Well done to all competitors and thank you, British Eventing, for the opportunity for Bates Saddles to continue to support eventing, even during the off-season!
Congratulations to the top placing combinations:
Arena Eventing BE80
- 1st Evie Fairley-Hobbs and Rathbane Orlaith
- 2nd Amy Blake and Rahale Robin
- 3rd Danielle Bruton and Shere Spirit
Arena Eventing BE90
- 1st Atlanta Morton and Knockanroe Grey
- 1st Florence Baron and Pipers Last Stand
- 3rd Katie Mills and Italica
- 3rd Katie Stephens-Grandy and Rathcline Kestrel
Arena Eventing BE100
- 1st Liesl Clark and Ger’s Gift
- 2nd Matilda Wadeson and Jalisca Pm
- 3rd Evangeline Norwood and Paint The Town Red
Arena Eventing BE100 Open
- 1st Georgina Wood and I Love Money
- 2nd Amanda Bettle and Fusilier
- 3rd Mia Jarrett and Master Pocket Rocket
For more information on the series, visit British Eventing.